Monday, March 30, 2009

Stash Questionnaire

I found this questionnaire on Sew mama sew!
  • What do you usually sew?
I sew quilts, dog accessories, and bags
  • When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?)
I do more of a 1/2 yard cut or more if I like it alot. Otherwise I do a fat quarter...
  • Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need?
I do buy on impulse alot but I do go looking for stuff I need too!
  • Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it?
I don't pre-wash, I 've never had a problem with it running, and i like the shrinking look...:)
  • Do you iron it?
I do iron alot, I live for my iron! lol
  • How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.)
I try to keep the collection groupings together but they are sorted in tubs by colors
  • Do you have any special folding techniques?
Not really, I try to fold like fat quarters mostly.
  • How do you store your fabric?
plastic bins that are sealed so nothing can get in...or get out! lol
  • What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash?
I have a problem with this, I have alot of printed fabric but not much solids, I need to work on that part of it!
  • When do you say enough is enough?
Nope, never will happen!
  • What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects?
scrappy quilting projects :)
  • Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it!
Right now I have alot of favorites, but the mermaid collection from Heather mendinco? Is my fav right now...
  • What’s your definition of the perfect stash?
When I have to use a latter to get to all the shelves in my crafting area! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment